Pottery Breaks with Tarka Pottery
TARKA POTTERY is an exciting and inspiring clay experience studio in North Devon. Located in beautiful countryside with stunning views, this is a great opportunity to come and learn pottery in our well-equipped ceramics studio.
Whether you're a beginner or have some experience with clay, our pottery courses are designed to be relaxed and enjoyable. Our resident potter Jax Williams and her friendly team give helpful and friendly instruction on traditional pottery techniques such as pinch and coil pots or throwing on the wheel. Each course is tailored to the individual or group taking part.
You can book a pottery break with or without self-catering accommodation. Suitable for hobby potters wishing to develop their skills or absolute beginners wanting to learn to throw or create with hand-building techniques.
- Self-catering pottery breaks at Glebe Cottage are available all year round
You can book 2 or 3 nights accommodation with 2 days pottery tuition for 1 - 4 people
- We also offer pottery tuition without accommodation, whether you're on your own, with a partner or a larger group of family or friends.
Typically the day would begin at 10 am with an introduction, preparation of clay and outline of a schedule for the day., including an introduction to throwing on potters wheels, We would work through the morning and have a break for lunch. You can bring your own or we can recommend a couple of lovely tea rooms including RHS Rosemoor, just a 5-minute drive from the studio.
In the afternoon we continue with hand-building clay work, or carry on throwing if you'd prefer. An introduction to decorating techniques such as slips and glazing is included too. The day is very flexible and can be designed around what you want to do.
- 1 person on one day course £95 (discount for 3 or more booking)
- 1 person per two day course £175 (discount for 3 or more booking)
Self Catering Accommodation at Glebe Cottage
If you would like accommodation, Glebe Cottage accommodates up to 4 people.
We have a very special rate for people booking a pottery course with us:
- 1 or 2 people £150/2 night stay (minimum 2 nights)
- Extra night £50/night
- Extra person £10/night (cottage sleeps up to 4)
- Cleaning charge of £25 added to all bookings
We can also recommend a couple of lovely local cottages within a 3 minute walk if Glebe Cottage isn't available but you'd like to book pottery.